We would like to thank the attendees of our one-day tutorial at the Usability Professionals’ Association 2011 conference, “Agile UX Toolkit,” for their energy, participation, and terrific questions.
As mentioned during the tutorial, here are a collected set of references mentioned during the tutorial, beginning with the refreshed series of slides:
- Slides from "Agile UX Toolkit"
Desirée Sy and John Schrag, UPA 2011.
- “Adapting Usability Investigations for Agile User-Centered Design”
Desirée Sy, JUS, May 2007. https://tiny.cc/agileUCD [OR link: Sy_agile-ucd.pdf]
- “Case Study of Customer Input For a Successful Product”
Lynn Miller. Agile 2005. https://tinyurl.com/4xx8zle
- Agile manifesto
- “Interaction Designers and Agile Development: A Partnership”
Lynn Miller. UPA 2006. [link: Miller_AgileAndID_partnership.pdf]
- “Using Formative Usability Testing as a Fast UI Design Tool”
John Schrag. UPA 2006 [link: Schrag_FormativeTesting.pdf]
- “Escaping the Design Traps of Creeping Featurism”
Dong-Seok Lee, David Woods, Daniel Kidwell, UPA 2006.
- “Using the RITE method to improve products; a definition and a case study”
Michael C. Medlock, Dennis Wixon, Mark Terrano, Ramon L. Romero, Bill Fulton. https://www.lutin-userlab.fr/gamelab/IMG/doc/Medlock-RITE.doc
- More on confidence levels at:
- “Formative usability investigations for open-ended tasks”
Desirée Sy. UPA 2006 [link: Sy_OpenEnded_usability_investigations.pdf]
- “Usability Testing with User Proxies: When is ‘Close’ Close Enough?”
Desirée Sy. DUX blog.
- Slides from "Big Picture Design without Big Design Up Front"
Desirée Sy. Agile Roots 2010.