We would like to thank the attendees of the half-day course at the CHI 2012 conference, “Agile UX Method Adaptation,” for their energy, attention, and thoughtful questions.
As mentioned during the course, here are a collected set of references mentioned during the course, beginning with the refreshed series of slides:
- Slides from "Agile UX Method Adaptation"
Desirée Sy and John Schrag, UPA 2011.
- “Adapting Usability Investigations for Agile User-Centered Design”
Desirée Sy, JUS, May 2007. http://tiny.cc/agileUCD (or Sy_agile-ucd.pdf)
- “Case Study of Customer Input For a Successful Product”
Lynn Miller. Agile 2005.
- Agile manifesto
- Mike Cohn's site, http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/, has a lot of helpful information if you want to learn more about the Scrum flavour of Agile Development.
- “Interaction Designers and Agile Development: A Partnership”
Lynn Miller. UPA 2006.
- “Using Formative Usability Testing as a Fast UI Design Tool”
John Schrag. UPA 2006
- “Using the RITE method to improve products; a definition and a case study”
Michael C. Medlock, Dennis Wixon, Mark Terrano, Ramon L. Romero, Bill Fulton.
- “Formative usability investigations for open-ended tasks”
Desirée Sy. UPA 2006
- “Usability Testing with User Proxies: When is ‘Close’ Close Enough?”
Desirée Sy. DUX blog.
- Recurring user studies
“It's Not Rocket Surgery - First Fridays in the U.S. Government”
Nicole Burton, Steve Krug et al. UPA 2010
- "Distributed Scrum Primer"
Pete Deemer et al.
- "Taking Aim: The Power of User Experience Goals"
John Schrag, UX magazine, Volume 7, Issue 1, 2008